Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Jezabelle The Westshire Terrier


Just to catch you up a bit. We have a Jack Russell dog named Jelly. Jelly is about as good a dog as you could want. He is loyal, smart, playfull and just a laid back easy goin dude. Not like most jacks ya find. Jelly is a lazy bones kinda dog. However, he wasn't always like this by no means. Ya see, the Easter Bunny brought jelly to my little girl for Easter about six years ago. Boy was he cute. He was so excited (or so i thought). He was runnin around like crazy, chasing my daughter and snappin at her like a tiny turtle. We quickly discovered that he wasn't really excited.....he was freakin nuts! This puppy would eat stuff you wouldn't believe. Wood, plastic or metal ole Jelly didnt turn his nose up to anything. You could take him out for an hour and come back in and he would use the bathroom on the floor. He wouldn't come to you when you called either. Heck, you couldn't even pet the crazy dude cause he wouldn't sit still long enough. One day my daughter came in the living room and asked me if we could call the Easter Bunny. When i asked her why she held up a couple of her prized Barbie dolls and had tears in her eyes. I looked in her hand and it looked to me like Barbie had a bad day. One didn't have a head and the other two were bald headed and missing a few limbs. So, after that day the beatings started. After probably a million woopins and a year or so ole Jelly decided to become a good dog.



This brings me to our new addition Jezabelle. You see, my wife decided that Jelly was too much of a manly dog and that her and my daughter needed a furry cute little girl dog they can dress up and brush and make all purty like. Me and my wife headed to Tampa to pick out a puppy and she fell in love with Jez. Don't get me wrong I thought she was cute as a button too. We brought her home and my daughter absolutely loves her.



The problem, however, is the fact that Jezabelle is a long haired dog. She is also a terrier breed and they ain't quite right in the head to start with. She has a great temper and is very loving. She really likes to be outside too. We live in the country on ten acres. The grass is thick and we have cows too. So when Jez goes outside in the mornings and the grass is wet she cant help but get wet and dirty. Sometimes when she was still a puppy she would take the time to roll in some manure before she came back in. She finally quit all the nonsense after about a year but still cant help getting wet. So you always have to wipe her off in the morning when she comes in.



Now we get to the good part. This morning, as usual, I was running a bit late and trying to hurry. I let the dogs out then made some coffee and began to get dressed. After a bit i went back out to let the dogs back in but they were nowhere to be found. I called and called and they didn't come. I went back in and finished getting dressed. Not to be one to give in I tried to call em again and nothing. I told my wife I was leaving and I looked for the dogs as I drove down the road. Just as I was leaving I spotted Jelly back at the house. I hurried back to let them in and give em a piece of my mind when I seen my wife at the back door to the porch. She said with that not so good tone in her voice " Oh my Gosh, would you look at her!" I took a good long look at her and told my wife "See you after work babe!" I couldn't help but laugh all the way to work. It was truly priceless. I have posted a picture of Jezabelle so you can see what I mean. Gotta love her!



No comments:

Post a Comment