Thursday, January 15, 2009

The Ring

Sometimes there are things that happen in our lives that we can find no explanation for. One of these things happend to me last night while i was playing softball. You see, last year my dad got into a fight with a table saw and lost a digit and some use of the others on his left hand. The blade actually grabbed his wedding ring and snatched his finger off. anyways, thats another story all together, he decided to not wear rings anymore and entrusted me with his retirement ring from the state of florida. I felt this to be one of the coolest things he has ever given me and held it dear to me. However, last year i went to play softball at our local field. Being afraid i would throw the ring off my finger i opted to take it off while i played. This went well for a couple of games. I would take it off and hang it on my cell phone antenna then put it back on when i was done. About our third game of the season we had just finished up and i went to put my ring back on and discovered it was missing. A little boy there said he had seen it on the ground and put it back in a bag. Everyone searched there bags and i searched mine three or four times. I also searched the fields and parking lot to no avail. I was sure someone found it and kept it. Last night i went to play ball in a town near me with a bunch of guys i dont really know. It was our second game of the season and i went to put my glove on top of my bag like always. I hang my bag on the fence and it has an opening on top for bats and one in the middle for your glove and other stuff. Right at the time i put my glove on the bag something hit the ground. You guessed it, it was the ring. There are no holes or pockets in the bottom of my bag at all. How did it fall out?? I have absolutely no idea where it came from. I am just glad someone or something must have been looking out for me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment